Available at no extra cost as part of our Group Income Protection offering - CONNECTPlus, provided by HCI Digital is a downloadable app that supports the large and growing number of employees with one or more long term health conditions. We know that over 8 million people in the UK are living with these conditions, many of whom will still be in some form of work.
CONNECTPlus also provides tools and resources for employees to help manage their general health as well as long-term conditions.
The app provides interactive access to clinically approved information and tools with the ultimate aim to empower the individual to look after themselves more effectively - both at home and in the work environment.
Watch on-demand now
Available to all employees covered by our Group Income Protection and their immediate family, CONNECTPlus helps to support the day-to-day management of the following 6 specific long-term health conditions:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Type 2 diabetes
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Long covid.
General health and wellbeing
CONNECTPlus also provides general health and wellbeing tools and resources to manage all conditions - even for those not listed.
Line manager and HR support
CONNECTPlus also provides access to educational content to HR and line managers to enable them to better understand their employees’ situation and the support that they might require.
Created with the help of NHS clinicians and patients CONNECTPlus contains a wide range of digital features – all designed to offer simple, straightforward support and guidance.
- Specific condition and healthy lifestyle information
- Symptom trackers
- An appointment diary
- Medication reminders
- Video explainers and frequently asked questions
- And guidance for returning to work
- Easy access to a range of clinically approved information helps employees feel knowledgeable about their condition and general wellbeing.
- Educational content can support line managers/HR staff in managing an employee following diagnosis.
- Employees can find answers to questions about their condition, reducing the need for unnecessary phone calls to health departments and hospital appointments.
- CONNECTPlus can help employees monitor their own health progression and track their symptoms.
Employee Assistance Programme
We offer a telephone and online Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) service with all of our products. Designed to keep employees healthy and happy at work, our EAP is offered to employers at no extra cost. Available to all employees of clients who are covered with us, even if the policy doesn’t cover them, this comprehensive support from Spectrum.Life is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We believe EAP can help towards reducing absence and improve workplace productivity. It offers employees support and help with everyday issues like stress, family concerns, relationships, illness, retirement and personal crises.
Find out more