A robocall is a call that delivers pre-recorded messages through auto-dialing software.
What to do if I receive a robocall?
- Never speak. Hang up immediately
- Never say the word 'yes'
- Don't follow the instructions or press any numbers.
Blocking a robocall
- Landlines: Talk to your phone provider for details
- Mobile phones: Both IOS (Apple) & Android allow you to block calls.
Misleading domain names
Scammers register domain names that look official but are fake. They do this by:
- misspelling a letter in the web address
- or by creating a fake website, that sounds like it's official but isn’t
Unless it is a web domain you recognise and know to be safe, don’t open it. Better still, search online for the correct website.
If our web address isn’t:
Then it’s not us. Make sure you check the spelling of all web links very carefully.
Report a scam
Something phishy going on?
If you’ve seen, read or heard anything from Legal & General that you think may be fake or a scam, you can report it to the FCA or Contact us
More help & support
Be ready, be wary
Find out how to protect yourself from scammers.