Established in 1836, Legal & General is one of the largest insurance and investment management groups in the world. As well as being a top 20 global asset manager, we are also one of only 28 companies to have been a constant presence in the FTSE 100 since its launch in 1984.
As a highly regulated insurance company we must, by law, always have enough funds available to meet all of our financial responsibilities. Your benefits are protected by one of the UK’s oldest and strongest insurance companies and we have a fantastic team here to support you.
Our service commitment to you
You are our main priority. We are proud to have exceptionally high customer satisfaction levels and very low complaint volumes. Our in-house teams consist of more than 100 highly trained and skilled staff based in our Hove and Cardiff offices.
We’ve been awarded global standard accreditation for the service we provide to our customers from the Customer Contact Association (CCA), the industry benchmark for customer service excellence.
We hope you find the information on this site useful however if you can't find what you're looking for please don't hesitate to get in touch - our team is on hand to help you with any pension questions you may have and will be pleased to assist you.
- We’ve worked with final salary pension schemes like yours for over 30 years
- We've supported more than 3,000 schemes and half a million customers through the process of transferring their benefits to us
- All of our administration and customer service is done in-house in the UK
- We’re members of the Plain English Campaign and our documentation is reviewed by them to ensure that it is clear and easy to understand
- In total we look after the retirement benefits of more than 1 million customers
- We have over 9.5 million UK customers across our life assurance, pensions, investments and general insurance businesses